FORGE 2017 Winter Retreat
131 Frontier Camp Rd
FORGE is Foundry’s group designed especially for 5th and 6th graders. Aside from Forge worship, we have special events throughout the year for students to attend camps and retreats, lead younger kids at church, serve in the community and much more. Also, once a month our Forge students have a JUMP event – a night of extreme fun with awesome lessons, great games, hang out time and trips to cool places around town.
There is no better way for students to build momentum in the new year than a weekend of faith, friends and FUN. We can’t wait to see what God has in store for us this weekend as we FORGE into 2017!
What to Expect from the Winter Retreat:
The weekend is packed full of fun-filled activities like horseback riding, ropes, archery, riflery, campfires, gaga pit, games and more. Kids will spend time hanging out with old friends and making new ones. Our theme for the weekend is Jesus Freaks and during our group times we’ll look at some important questions together:
- How would you respond if God asked you to do something that seemed crazy? Do you think God still asks people to do crazy things?
- Can ordinary Christians do extraordinary things for God?
- Are all Christians called to be superheroes for God?
The goal is to send your student home a little freakier than they started the weekend!
Details + Reminders:
We are headed to Frontier Camp in Grapeland, Tx. Check out their website to see the AWESOME campgrounds! We will depart and return to both the Jones Road Foundry Campus (8350 Jones Road, Houston TX) and the Fry Road Foundry Campus (10203 Fry Road, Cypress, TX 77433).
- Depart: Friday February 17 at 5:30 pm
- Return: Sunday, February 19 at 4:30 pm
- Cost: $120
- FRIENDS ARE WELCOME! Students do not have to be FORGE or Foundry members to attend so please feel free to share this event with friends and classmates!
- A registration must be completed for each student
- Students should eat dinner before they arrive at their home campus for departure
Space is limited and registration closes on February 15 or when full, whichever occurs first. Register today!