Habitat for Humanity Build
The Foundry is excited to partner with Habitat for Humanity for a home build on April 22 to help further their mission of providing safe and affordable shelter to deserving families and we’re recruiting volunteers of all skill levels to help!
Important Details for Habitat Volunteers from Habitat for Humanity
- Times: Please arrive at 7:30 a.m. for check-in. Our workdays start at 7:30 a.m. and end at 2:30 p.m. We ask volunteers to work the entire shift because we plan the build schedule around 25 volunteers working 6.5 hours, with appropriate breaks and lunch.
- Weather: Always check the Worksite & Weather Information Line at 713-671-9993 Opt. 4. This phone message is updated the morning of each build day by 6:00 a.m., and includes start-time and pertinent weather advisories.
- Tools: Habitat for Humanity will provide all tools. You are welcome to bring your own gloves, hard hats, hammers, & eye protection if you prefer not to use those provided by Habitat for Humanity.
- Food: Refreshments will be provided each morning and drinking water will always be readily available. There is a lunch hour. Catering arrangements have been made by our generous sponsors to provide light breakfast & a lunch for volunteers.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
Space is VERY limited and you must register in advance. Instructions below.
- Click on the REGISTRATION LINK and click either “Register” to create an account
- If you are not new to the system, just sign in
- Enter User ID and password
- Enter Join Code “agosto123”
- SKIP “Group Membership”
- Complete the registration form info
- Click “Next” to find the calendar
- Click on “HBA Aogosto/Foundry-Build”
- Click on “Sign-up” button to complete the confirmation process.
Construction Day Schedule
- 7:30-7:45 a.m.: Registration
- 7:45-8:00a.m.: Orientation
- 8:00–11:30 a.m.: Morning tasks
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Lunch
- 12:30-2:30 p.m.: Afternoon tasks & Clean up