At Foundry, we are committed to assisting our community in any possible way, and this includes ensuring that our environment is as healthy as it can be at a time when there is so much concern about the Coronavirus, COVID-19. This page is our attempt to keep our members and participants informed about the specific steps we are taking to that end.
To do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19, Foundry is following protocol to not have group gatherings.
All events, groups, and activities on both campuses are canceled until further notice. Church offices will be closed as well.
We will continue to meet together online for worship. Our simplified service will still offer us the opportunity to worship together. We want to stay in touch, so join the conversation via chat and submit prayer requests online.
• Watch the live stream which will broadcast at 9:15 am, 10:45 am, and 5:00 pm on Sundays.
• Watch a recording of the online service or past sermons you may have missed.
• Please consider a financial contribution to God’s work at Foundry. You can see all the ways to give here or simply text any dollar amount to 281-884-3007.
The classrooms in the school are sanitized regularly by our facilities staff. Our teachers are taking extra care to ensure that children are washing their hands thoroughly and frequently while they are here.
The preschool follows the decisions of CFISD and, therefore, will be closed until April 9, 2020.
We are here to support you in whatever way you might need.
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love. 1 John 4:18
- Prayer requests: Submit a prayer request here.
- Pastoral Care: Hospitals and nursing homes are prohibiting visitors, but our staff is available to visit on the phone. Contact Scott Basso if you need pastoral care.
- Connect with resources: Cy-Hope Counseling Center has counselors available to help with the emotional impact of this situation. Here is a helpful post by Clinical Director, Courtney Suddath.
Ways to Help Others
Watch this page for information about how we can help those around us. Serving opportunities will be publicized as we become aware of the need and are able to organize. For now, you can be a calming presence to those around you.
Opportunities may include:
- phoning elderly and at-risk populations to check in and assess needs
- shopping for groceries and supplies for the elderly and at-risk populations who are temporarily homebound
- calling to provide support and encouragement to those who are struggling with this difficult time
Hope Disaster Recovery’s Opportunities to Serve:
- Deliver food and compassionate care to homebound church members and neighbors
- Crowd Source Rescue: free food delivery service of the Houston Food Ban for those who are elderly or homebound. Those in need as well as volunteers can click here to get involved.
Check out our ways to connect and serve page here.
Resources and Updates
Check in here for more resources and updates from our church leaders and other leaders in our community. We will update this section as information becomes available.
RightNow Media is now available to our congregation! This is a great opportunity to continue to grow in your faith and learn more through all the resources they have available! For more information and to sign up to join us, click here!
We have subscribed to a new service that we want to be available to all of you. It is an app called Dwell. It is a new Scripture listening app that’s mission is to help you cultivate a habit of listening to the most important book in history: the Bible! And you have access to it here. Just click this link and sign up to start listening today!
Listen to the conference call hosted by Bishop Scott Jones and produced for pastors and community leaders here.
Check out the latest updates from our pastoral team here.
Bible Studies and Groups
At Foundry we are committed to helping you learn, grow and connect with Christ during this unusual time, and we would love for you to tune in for Daily Prayer or a Bible Study or even join a group! For a listing of our weekly online schedule, click here!
Daily Prayer: Starting Monday, March 23rd, our pastors will be hosting a daily time of prayer via Facebook Live! Tune in to either of our Facebook accounts (JRC / FRC) at 1pm Monday – Friday for a time of prayer and encouragement!
Gospel of Mark Study: Join us on Wednesdays @ 5pm via Zoom for a time of connecting with God’s Word together. This will be a pastor-led Zoom call to study the book of Mark together in community! Click here to join. We can’t wait to connect with you!
Enjoying Jesus Women’s Study: In our world full of distractions, we don’t rest enough. But we feel that God has given us this opportunity to rest during our current wilderness, and we think it’s a perfect fit! This 7-week study is a chance to focus on 12 experiences that will bring us closer to God, and we would love for you to join us Thursdays at 5pm! Register here!